AC Electric Heating: A Smart Mobile Solution For On-site And Equipmentadmin
AC electric heating equipment replaces systems that use fossil fuels, which helps reduce operational costs and improves your carbon footprint. Using renewable energy as a mobile heating solution makes good sense and is crucial for many heavy-duty equipments, hazardous locations where combustion is a high risk, and on-site work environments.
How AC electric heating systems work
AC electric heating units convert electrical energy to heat. Electric heating systems work much like a space heater that plugs into a wall, with the difference being that mobile systems use reliable batteries that run on automatic discharge cycles to help increase the lifespan of the battery.
Electric systems respond to ambient temperature changes to maintain a comfortable working environment and help equipment run at full power. There are many different types of electric heating systems, including:
- Air space heaters – Combines a heated internal element with a fan to circulate warm air. One of the most popular mobile heating solutions for on-site work environments.
- Immersion heaters – A simple device that can be installed in a tank or container to heat a liquid.
- Electric boilers – With an electric boiler, running water passes through an element that is heated by electricity instead of combustible fossil fuels like gas or oil.
- Process heaters – Electric process heaters use electricity to heat a liquid medium like water, gas, or different chemicals within process systems. They can be used for direct and indirect heating and are commonly found in a wide variety of processes, such as molding and extrusion, asphalt production, nitrogen and thermal fluid heating, just to name a few.
- Band, strip, and tubular calrods – Calrod heaters are used to produce radiant heat in an application, They are commonly used for mold and die heating, defrosting, pipe or tube heating, and more.
The benefits of AC electric heating
In addition to maintaining a comfortable work environment and assisting in processes that require a heating element, AC electric heating systems offer the following benefits:
- Improved indoor air quality compared to fuel-burning applications.
- Enhances workplace safety by eliminating the risk of a gas leak or combustion.
- Lower up-front cost.
- Helps displacement propulsion engines start.
Which AC electric heating system is the right unit for you?
Browse our online catalog to find the right mobile heating solution for your operations. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, our skilled technicians at Polar Mobility can design and manufacture a custom solution that meets your specific requirements. Contact us for more information.