Reduce costly downtime and protect your heavy-duty equipment with Polar Mobility’s reliable immersion heaters
Immersion heaters provide one of the most efficient methods for heating liquids by transferring one fluid to another without coming into direct contact with each other. Immersion heaters are also commonly referred to as fuel and fluid heat exchangers, hydraulic tank heaters, hydraulic oil heaters, hydraulic fluid heaters, and bayonet heaters.
Immersion heaters keep the fluid flowing, reducing start-up times for equipment, preventing pump cavitation and blown seals, and improving productivity. They can be used for heating water, hydraulic fluid, oil, or fuel gels, making them ideal for many different applications, including:
- Oil & gas sites
- Utility & maintenance vehicles
- Temporary site buildings
- Industrial and commercial buildings
The benefits of Immersion heaters
Since immersion heaters do not use fuel or a flame to provide heat, they eliminate safety hazards, reduce costs, and improve a company’s carbon footprint. Immersion heaters are especially beneficial for industries that prohibit the use of flame and fuel.
Immersion heaters are essential for worksites that are impacted by frigid cold weather. Some of the benefits of Polar Mobility’s immersion heaters include the following:
- Efficient and rapid heat transfer directly into the medium.
- One of the most cost-effective heating methods that require very little maintenance and downtime.
- A safe and clean energy source without the need for fuel or flame to heat material.
- Straightforward design that can be adapted and retrofitted for existing equipment with easy installation.
- Prevention of crystalization in fuel when the temperature drops low.
- Eliminates the need to purchase other cold-weather additives and blended fuels.
- A built-in thermostat monitors when a specific fuel temperature is reached and automatically shuts off the in-line and in-tank warmers to stop the flow of coolant.
- Available companion products can boost coolant flow, allowing operators to work in a comfortable and safe environment even in the coldest weather.
Types of Immersion heaters
Many different types of immersion heaters are available on the market, with new developments introduced regularly to meet industry demands. The most common types of immersion heaters include:
- Screw plug – Ideal for small tanks and precise heating, screw plug immersion heaters are a hairpin-shaped tubular electric element placed directly into the tank wall or pipe for heating.
- Over-the-side – These units can be mounted to a large tank or vessel, making them ideal for maintaining the viscosity of fluids and freeze protection for larger applications.
- Flange – Flange immersion heaters are bolted or welded to the outer wall of a tank. They are ideal for heavy-duty jobs such as industrial process heating and other high-pressure heating applications.
- Circulation – A circulation immersion heater uses an inline or side piping configuration with a built-in heating element.
Find a customized solution for your specific worksite
At Polar Mobility, we have been researching and developing products for heavy-duty equipment since 1981. We’ve created immersion heaters after years of working in heavy-duty industries and understanding our customers’ needs.
Our customized solutions can be designed for specific worksites and applications. We take the time to adjust the positioning of the fuel and fluid heat exchanger to the reservoir or tank design to ensure that it continues to work efficiently.
Polar Heat Exchangers
Browse our lineup of heat exchangers below. If you have specific requirements, give us a call and we can tailor a solution for you.
Can’t find it? We’ll manufacture it to your specific needs. Contact us today!