Commercial Mobile Equipment Air Conditioning / HVAC Solutions
Commercial mobile equipment across Canada operates in some of the most extreme weather conditions – from frigid temperatures in the winter to high heat during summer days. The fluctuating climate calls for mobile air conditioning and HVAC solutions that can provide both heat and cool air to keep workers comfortable and protect equipment all year round. Having the proper HVAC solutions in place is an occupational health and safety issue, highlighting the importance of planning ahead as the seasons change. Keep reading to learn more about the various air conditioning/HVAC solutions available to you.
Different solutions for different applications
At Polar Mobility, we provide a variety of systems with parts that can enhance the unit’s overall performance.
Units & Systems
- 12-24 VDC Drive – A compact and lightweight unit ideal for light to medium-duty equipment.
- High Voltage – These systems provide bulk power transfer across large distances, making them ideal for heavy-duty construction sites and military operations.
- Hydraulic – Designed for environments that restrict the use of open flames, such as petrochemical plants and mining.
- Mobile A/C Units – Highly portable and easy to install, Polar Mobility’s mobile A/C units can work for a variety of on and off-highway vehicles.
Air Conditioning Parts
- Condenser Coils
- Compressors & Clutches
- Controls (Air & Water)
- Controls (Electric & Refrigerant)
- Evaporator Coils Fans
- DC Motors
- Fittings & Accessories
- Receiver Drivers, Accumulators
Parts and features are not limited to the above list. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, contact us at Polar Mobility and we can help customize a solution for your specific requirements. We are experts at providing the appropriate air conditioning/HVAC solutions for:
Off-highway equipment – Including construction, mining, agriculture, and oil & gas. Factors such as harsh working conditions and unpredictable weather play a role in the type of commercial mobile HVAC equipment needed. For example, a 12-24 VDC air conditioning system may be appropriate for skid steers and excavators while a high voltage unit may be needed for a different application within the same operations. We can recommend solutions that will ensure the unit works efficiently, keeps costs down, and keeps workers safe.
On-highway vehicles – Trucks and service vehicles require a reliable mobile HVAC unit for long hours on the road. At Polar Mobility, if we make it, we can service it and provide replacement parts quickly to help you minimize costly downtime. From on-highway trucks, service vans, buses, and emergency vehicles, we supply and can customize the right commercial mobile air conditioning/HVAC solution.
Factors to consider when choosing a mobile equipment air conditioning/HVAC system
Finding the right air conditioning/HVAC system goes beyond simply installing a unit within the operator cab. The system must meet the safety requirements of the worksite, reduce or maintain operational costs, and be able to work with the specific equipment’s size and composition. A few things to consider include:
- The size and type of equipment the unit will be installed in.
- Cab filtration and air quality for worksites that experience heavy dust and debris.
- Available HVAC services should the equipment break down or need replacement parts.
- Whether the equipment needs a unit with a soft start to reduce excessive energy use.
- The overall design of the unit must be able to handle tough working conditions.
At Polar Mobility, we supply some of the industry’s top mobile heating and cooling products, including air conditioning units and HVAC systems. If you can’t find what you’re looking for in our catalog, give us a call and we can help customize a solution for your specific worksite or equipment