The Different Types of Commercial Mobile Air Conditioning Units
Heavy-duty industries rely on commercial mobile air conditioning units to keep operators safe and comfortable. And with the summer months coming up quickly, ensuring that each piece of equipment is outfitted with the right HVAC unit is a priority for site managers.
Heavy-duty equipment comes in various sizes with different specs – the good news is, there are many different types of mobile air conditioning units that will fit your specific application. At Polar Mobility, our mobile equipment air conditioning units are easy to install with a kit that does not require a technician and are easy to move to a different location.
A variety of units for specific applications
- Ductable Units – A mid-range unit that is ideal for medium-sized vehicles. A ductable commercial HVAC unit is a split air conditioner where air from the unit is delivered into the room using circular, oval, or rectangular ducting. Our ductable units are made of all-steel construction with washable and removal filters. Ductable units are ideal for various hydraulic systems and applications with filtration demands, environments with direct or ducted outlets, and cab pressurization.
- Headliner Units – Our headliner units are lightweight and easy to install under the cab roof. They come in a variety of sizes and are designed to handle harsh environments with a fully-insulated housing to remove condensation build-up, high-capacity dual blowers and coils to meet off-road demands, and a low profile for maximum headroom. Units come with adjustable thermostats, removable and washable filters, and remote switches.
- Powered Condensers – If you need a condenser but don’t have the hydraulics to operate it, the solution is an electric-powered condenser. Our powered condensers are designed with a maintenance-free split housing, industrial-strength 2 phase AC electric motors, and belt-driven compressors with durable heavy-gauge steel construction.
- Rooftop Units – A classic, roof-mounted unit meets the demands of virtually all heavy-duty requirements. Our rooftop units are made for harsh conditions with heavy-gauge steel construction and a rubber latch cover that make adjustments and servicing the unit quick and easy. Most units have 3-speed blower motors and available pre-installed panel filters.
- Underdash Units – As the name suggests, underdash units are located under the dash and are ideal for compact spaces. They can also be installed as a floor or ceiling mount. Underdash units are small but powerful, available in 12 or 24 volts with 3-speed blower motors and adjustable thermostats.
Browse our selection of commercial mobile air conditioning units to find the right product for your needs. We carry an inventory of HVAC systems, including 12-24 Vdc Drive, high-voltage units, and hydraulic systems. If you’re not sure about the type of mobile AC unit you need, give us a call and we can help you find the right solution.