Mobile Equipment Heating Solution: How Fuel & Fluid Heat Exchangers Keeps Your Equipment Runningadmin
If your heavy-duty equipment has a difficult time running in the cold winter temperatures, fuel and fluid heat exchangers may be the solution to the problem. Fuel and fluid heat exchangers transfer heat from one fluid to a second fluid without coming into direct contact with each other. Fuel and fluid heat exchangers are also commonly used heat and cool commercial and industrial buildings.
At Polar Mobility, we have been providing mobile heating solutions for over 40 years, specializing in heavy construction operations. In this article, we detail all you need to know about fuel and fluid heat exchangers, their benefits, and where you can find one for your specific application.
The benefits of having fuel and fluid heat exchangers on your worksite
Fuel and fluid heat exchangers are essential pieces of equipment to have on worksites that are impacted by extreme weather conditions, helping engines and machines work more efficiently and reducing costly downtime.
Some of the benefits include:
- Cost savings in reduced downtime and eliminates the need to purchase other cold-weather additives and expensive blended fuels to keep machines running.
- Helps prevent crystalization in fuel when the temperature drops extremely low.
- A built-in thermostat that automatically shuts off the in-line and in-tank warmers when a specific fuel temperature is reached. This stops the flow of coolant, which further helps save you more on operational costs.
- Companion products are available to boost coolant flow, allowing operators to work in a comfortable and safe environment even in the most frigid temperatures.
The different brands of fuel and fluid heat exchangers
There are many types, brands, and models of fuel and fluid heat exchangers. At Polar Mobility, we carry the following for their reliability and quality engineering.
Polar Mobility – Our very own fuel and fluid heat exchangers were created after years of research and product development since 1981. As professionals who have worked in heavy-duty industries, we understand what our customers need and can customize a solution for their specific worksite.
We take the time to adjust the positioning of the fuel and fluid heat exchanger to the reservoir or tank design to ensure that it continues to work efficiently. Polar Mobility’s heat exchangers:
- Has very low internal resistance to glycol, which works well with fuel-fired engine coolant heaters.
- Are stainless-steel to handle harsh working environments and extreme weather conditions.
- Keeps fuel and fluid heat exchangers from over pressurizing
Arctic Fox – Arctic Fox is a well-known and trusted brand when it comes to mobile heating solutions. Arctic Fox fuel and fluid heat exchangers are ideal for plow trucks, utility trucks, work trucks, and refuse trucks because they:
- Prevent fuel gelling by sending the coolant through the heat exchanger to warm the fluid.
- Are made of 100% stainless steel to handle harsh environments and extreme weather conditions.
- Prevent natural gas from going below a certain temperature based on the engine temperature.
- Are compact to allow for mounting small spaces and comes in a variety of lengths to fit your machinery.
Fuel and fluid heat exchangers companion products
As mentioned above, companion products are available for fuel and fluid heat exchangers to ensure operators can work in a comfortable environment. These products include:
Coolant Circulation Pump – When using multiple tank installation or heat exchangers, the coolant circulation pump helps increase coolant flow.
Coolant Manifolds – Helps distribute coolant through multiple heat exchangers.
Pre-Assembled Insulated Sleeved Coolant Hoses – Keeps the fuel and coolant lines at optimal temperatures and protects the area between the fuel tank and engine.
Which fuel and fluid heat exchanger is right for you?
The right product depends on a number of factors, including your budget, the conditions of your worksite, and where you will be installing the heat exchanger. Browse our Fuel & Fluid Heater Units catalog or give us a call for a custom mobile heating solution.